Homepage 'de Luikerwaal' Magic Lanterns, various manufacturers
U.S.A.
part 2
 
A wonderful 19th century magic lantern produced by McIntosh Battery & Optical, Chicago, with a fine gold tracery and painting on the front face.
The lantern is standing 33" (84 cm) tall (!) and 18" (46 cm) long with two doors; the side one with a cobalt window and the back door with the emblem of the manufacturer. A beautiful lantern with remarkable adjustable legs at the front.
 


 
Manufacturer of this magic lantern is the American manufacturer and retailer of 'Military and Society Goods' M.C. Lilley. (1880s).

At the side door a little shield that reads 'M. C. LILLEY CO. MILITARY & SOCIETY GOODS, COLUMBUS OHIO'.


 


Another M.C.Lilley magic lantern. It has fancy feet, possibly silver plated, and is marked "The M.C. Lilley & Co. Columbus, Ohio". The body is tin-plate. This magnificent lantern is 22" long and 14" tall (56 x 35.5 cm).
 
Late Victorian period magic lantern with it's original wood carrying case made by the James W. Queen Company in Philadelphia.

The projector is made of enamelled tin with a walnut base and a brass front lens and lens cap. There are especially nice decorative cartouches with a central rose cast in the sides, and the original brass Queen & Co. Opticians Phila. medal is on the back, with a detailed Eagle logo.

  
Measurements of the box are 19 1/2" length, 8" width and 12" height. The projector measures 18" length, 5 1/2" width and 10" height.
 
This large magic lantern is signed A.T.THOMPSON & CO. MANUFACTURERS BOSTON,MASS., U.S.A. The bellows slide in or out. The brass lens screws into the front plate and has an adjustable brass focus. The lens is signed O.B., surrounded by a crown and the text - Made In France.

 
Richly decorated magic lantern manufactured by Henderson & Ames - Kalamazoo, Michigan, ca 1905. Measures 7" x 17.5"  x 22" (18 x 44.5 x 56 cm).
 
Rochester magic lantern, according to the manual 'The neatest, cheapest, and best lantern ever introduced. Made entirely of brass and well lacquered.'
 

 
Rare American magic lantern The Yale ". Although most of the paint has disappeared, the name of the lantern is still visible on the side walls and on the top we still read 'Pat'd Mar. 31. 1891 J.S. & Co. N.Y.'
 
The four capitals B.L.P.C. are the trade mark of the American manufacturer of magic lanterns BRENKERT LIGHT PROJECTION Co. Detroit, Michigan, maker of the Brenograph, a large double lantern, arranged vertically, that was popular for many years through the 1920 to the 1950s. This is their Companion Magic Lantern.
 
This magic lantern made by T. J. HARBACH, PHILADELPHIA, is 47 cm long and has a beautiful embossed design on both sides and a brass plaque with the manufacturer's name on the back door.
   
   
  Nederlandse versie......  What's new on this site?  1997-2021 'de Luikerwaal'
All rights reserved.
Last update: 23-03-2021.
Vorige pagina......  Top of page......